I read with interest on the moodle Leo's post about using QR codes and that they were self explanatory. Not to me sadly. Good thing I'm pretty ok with researching :) I then talked to Lynne about it. Of course Lynne was on it!!
We played for a bit with our phones and the different apps offered to read and make the code. The ones we did use weren't really that user friendly. I did, however, find a site that allows for 255 characters to enable a bit fuller text.
I played further and printed a few out. I happened to be chatting to a Cert III Children's Services tutor and showed her my new gadget. Lynne had introduced the idea at a meeting so she sort of knew what I was on about. I told her Lynne and I had talked about how the codes could be used. She thought it sounded like fun. It takes time for things to gel as a good idea. Maybe that's what is needed......a two pronged approach. 1. Introduce...........allow thinking time 2. Re-introduce.
The codes designed purely for linking to websites are a great thing for advertising. I went home with my newly found skill/gadget and there, on my coffee table, was a magazine my hubby & son love to read. There were QR codes EVERYWHERE! Of course I had to test them out. All the while my son is shaking his head at his mother's geekiness. I must say though, who did he ask to help him with his eBay purchased laptop??
I have now produced some helpful QR code to support information for the E-mentor Showcase.
And the learning continues...............
No comments:
Post a Comment