Thursday, October 6, 2011

monthly online meeting

Well, I finally got there after moodling around the moodle for some time looking for the link, finding a message about the same kind of meeting in August and clicking on the link. When I got there, about half an hour late, I learned from the answer to someone else's question - that the link is sitting there on the front page of the moodle - obviously I can't see the wood for the trees :)

Anyway, it was quite interesting - though the sound from a couple of the microphones being used was so distorted it was hard to decipher what was being said. Most were fine though, and everyone was very welcoming. My main preoccupation was following all the typed entries fast enough to try and catch up on the discussion that had gone on before, before the box zoomed down to something else just typed in.

So what do I remember? I'm not sure that anything definite was decided about the showcase - seems to be a case of more lengthy discussion on the moodle - but one idea was that the project participants finding innovative ways of using technology for learning, might like to 'showcase' their findings.

Somebody - can't remember who - in the discussion on the reporting requirements agreed to put up some key points on Moodle spelling out the kind of things that needed to be reflected in the blogs - which would be useful, I think.

I now know that Converge 11 is a conference - but what on, and where, was lost in the microphone muffle - but no doubt you'll be able to enlighten me :) And the next meetings will be on a Monday - the dates will go on the Moodle calendar.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! Fot a minute I thought it was Christine then saw it was Claire. It is great to get the perspective of a new person coming into the ementor crowd and trying to sift though it all. I am sorry I missed the session and will try to watch it at some point. I think the ideas was to get our presentation at Converge sorted out.

    FYI "conVerge is an annual e-learning conference designed to enhance e-learning opportunities and knowledge within the TAFE sector, for RTOs, community education and commercial organisations" (I pinched that from the Converge website at eWorks http://www.eworks.edu.au/converge/). It is held every year at different venues in Victoria and is a way for organisations who have been funded to report back in the form of a presentation at the conference. As it is funded, the Ementor project presents each year either via a presentation or by a showcase which is setting up a table with information about the project, maybe a presentation going on the wall etc etc.This year it is being held at Rydges, Bell St Preston. It was held there last year - the year before that at Frankston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you finally got in, Claire
    I have been having trouble posting comments - finally using John's laptop with Firefox on it and having no problems.

    Monthly get together
    I got there late - mucked up the time.
    I found the sound abysmal. Will be good when CAE finish their netword upgrade and hopefully then we will be able to understand Josie.
    Josie kindly stayed after time to answer my questions. Disappointed to find that we won't be doing state wide PDs but I guess that means that we can target our e-leaders with our PD sessions and at least we should be able to time them appropriately.

    ReplyDelete