Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Successful Day

Avenue Neighbourhood House
Today I went to see Colleen at Avenue Neighbourhood House for wiki training.
Blog
Collen had created her blog and had created one post but she didn't know how to give me access to it. We solved that problem and also edited the blog post to add a picture.
Wiki
Colleen did not have access to their wiki as the administrator of it was away so we used the wiki I had created this morning for just this sort of occasion.
We covered:
- creating new pages
- inserting Table of Contents
- using heading levels
- inserting text
- uploading and inserting files
In Presence of Celebrity
I was delighted to discover that Colleen is the new President of ANCHA. Well done, Colleen!
She now wants to create a wiki to use in her new position. This will give her lots of wiki practice to enable her encourage her trainers to use wikispaces with their learners.

bestchance
besstchance was my next stop.
Blogs
Nooraini had created her blog but didn't know how to give me access to it. We dealt with that first.
Kirsty had not yet created her blog so I watched over her shoulder while she created her blog and gave me access. So blogs are set up with one ready to go and the other already in use. Well done, bestchance!
Wiki
Nooraini created a new wiki for information for trainers.
She did a good job:
- create new wiki
- create new pages
- inserting Table of Contents
- using heading levels
- inserting text
- creating a table
- uploading and inserting files
Kirsty watched Nooraini doing these things so she will be able to do them all too.

Reflections
I was pleased with what we achieved today - 2 RTO's with e-leaders setting up their wikispaces with their blogs already on the go.
The only problem was that I had anticipated spending an hour with each of the centres and ended up spending a lot more time. Next time I need to watch the time more closely.
It was good day

No comments:

Post a Comment